Saturday 3 July 2010

BBC1 Victorian event in SHEPTON MALLET



Not sure what to do this Sunday 04th July 2010?

If you live in Somerset or in a neighbouring county, you may be interested in this event: BBC ONE - SPECIAL MARKET DAY, MARKET PLACE, SHEPTON MALLET. It will run from 9am to 2pm. Over the past few weeks Shepton Mallet has had some of the shop fronts and interiors transformed in to Victorian shops. Filming will be taking place for a new TV series. I went to Shepton Mallet on Tuesday and it was fascinating to watch them at work. I can't wait to see what it will all look like on Sunday. Shops and stalls will be open including Nostalgia at No1 and Number 21.


Poster in Niki's shop window. Please click on the link for more pictures and details of this exciting event!

Shepton Mallet has been home to the Babysham factory since the 1940's




Shepton Mallet in the past




Scenes around Shepton Mallet
















You may wish to round off the day with a trip on the East Somerset Railway's steam train. It is in Cranmore just 3 or 4 miles away from Shepton Mallet. There is also a good pub there called The Strode Arms, although booking in advance is usually advisable.






A bientôt!

Isabelle X

15 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Thanks for the info - may well make a visit as it's not far from here.

Jane

Kar said...

That sounds like it would be a wonderful day trip. Can't wait to see pics from you.

Elderberry-Rob said...

mmm, I love a Babycham! pity Shepton Mallet is so far away for me.

KC'sCourt! said...

Looks like a wonderful day out!
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Hearts Turned said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of your lovely area...

Julie

Unknown said...

I did not know about babychams connection - I have a collection of babycham - enalia!? xx

Pea Green Kitty said...

Sounds just my cup of tea!
Shame I love so far away.
I was actually down in Glastonbury last week, we went to the festival and decided to set off a day early in order to explore the area, we ended up in Bristol and Bath but unfortunatley didnt stop in Shepton Mallet town.
You are lucky to live in such a BEAUTIFUL part of our country.....I bet you could hear the festival in Shepton Mallet!!??
xx

koralee said...

Wish I could go!!! Looks lovely! Hugs for a great weekend.

It's me said...

So beautiful .......Engeland.....mayby i look at bbc 1 ...but when it is hot...i sit outside.........enjoy the sun...and the beautiful waether!!

Happy weekend ...hugs and love Ria...

Enitram said...

Beautiful area!!!!!!
Bon week-end à toi!!!!!!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Such a great looking old town. I am saving for another trip to England now! Enjoy your weekend, Isabelle. xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and very interesting!
Happy and nice weekend:)
Warm kisses from Croatia.

Lululiz said...

I wish I didn't live so far away, I would have loved to visit that lovely place.

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Isabelle,
Bravo, Thank you so much for 'bigging-up' Shepton!...Having been in my shop there for nearly 6 months, it does seem that some of the local people are less than enthusiastic about shouting its praises...but how can it move on if it doesn't have enthusiastic people behind it wanting the best for their local community and town...I don't get it...Wish there were more like you and some of my lovely customers who are willing to do something positive and perhaps think what they could do to improve the town for the better...It more than deserves it, in my view, and I am more than happy to be there with my small business - I've been made to feel so welcome...

Love all the photos that you've included on your post, Isabelle. And thank you again for mentioning me,
Niki x

Anonymous said...

Hi Isabelle,
Just popped in to see your lovely blog!
Thank you for your lovely comment about my strawberry bag.
I'll call back again. :)
Vivienne x